With all the stress we deal with everyday, it’s very hard to get proper sleep. Whether its finishing up your thesis or coping up anxiety from stress. But the thing is, not getting the right amount of rest can drain our body both mentally and physically that leads to more stress and anxiety.
According to medicalnewstoday.com, “Sleep loss alters normal functioning of attention and disrupts the ability to focus on environmental sensors input” or what we commonly know as “sabaw”. Even though sleep deprivation is bad for us, the amount of sabaw moments we experience in our daily lives is embarrassing yet funny.
Here are a few examples of what sleep deprivation can do to our human existence.
1. Using your phone’s flashlight while looking for your phone in the dark.
Honey, it’s in your hand.
2. Instead of calling your professors “mam/sir”, you’ll call them mommy/daddy.
Talk about being homesick.
3. Standing for 5 minutes and realizing that you’re on the stairs and not an escalator.
You’re not going anywhere, girl.
4. Realizing you haven’t brushed your teeth when you’re at the LRT.
5. Tripping before going inside the LRT.
Calm down, EVERYONE is going inside.
6. Ordering a “Big Mac” at Jollibee.
Jollibee is disappointed.
7. “Dine in or take out?”
“Take in po”
8. “Nasa class na ko babe”
*sends text to dad*
9. Sleeping on a public transport and waking up at a different location.
Doroteo Jose to Buendia real quick.
10. Listening to music but realizing your headphones are not plugged in your phone.
Now everyone knows you’re listening to Ex Battalion.
How about you? What’s your sabaw moment?